Photo credit: feverblueÂ (Flickr)
We’ve already shown how you can jailbreak your iOS 5.1.1 device using Absinthe 2.0 however there are other tools out there to achieve the same thing. Today we’re going to take a look at Sn0wBreeze, a Windows only jailbreaking application.
Download Sn0wBreeze version 2.9.6 here
- Put your device into DFU mode.
- Open Sn0wBreeze in Windows XP compatibility mode (as an administrator).
- Click OK > Next > Browse and then select the iOS 5.1.1 firmware for your device. Sn0wBreeze should verify your device, allow it do so then click next.
- A list of options will be displayed, choose simple mode. Sn0wBreeze will now create custom firmware file and save the completed copy on your desktop when done.
- Once the aforementioned file is on your desktop, click ok and put your iOS device into DFU mode again.
- Click start and your device will be placed into PwnedDFU mode
- Close Sn0wBreeze.
- Open iTunes.
- Hold your shift key (on the keyboard) and click restore.
- Browse and select the custom Sn0wBreeze firmware from your desktop and allow iTunes to restore your iOS device.
- Once the restore is complete and you complete the on-screen iOS setup wizard you should see a familiar Cydia icon tucked away on the second home screen.
Sn0wBreeze can also be used to jailbreak AppleTV 2nd generation.2.9.6, 5.1.1, ATV, ATV2, cydia, iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod, jailbreak, sn0wbreeze