Photo credit: optikal. (Flickr)
The Jawbone series hands-free headsets can be paired to a number of devices; however if, like me, you end up working your way through quite a few devices you may well find yourself in a situation where your Jawbone refuses to enter the pairing mode (red and white flashing LED). After much head scratching I followed the below process in order to fully reset my Jawbone, thus allowing me to pair with a new device.
Part 1: Resetting the Jawbone
- Press and hold down the Talk Button on the Jawbone.
- Connect the Jawbone to the USB charger cable. (The cable needs to be plugged into an active USB port or to an electrical outlet via the Wall Charger unit.)
- Release the Talk Button. (If the reset is successful, the LED Indicator Light should glow red.)
- Disconnect the Jawbone from the USB charger cable.
Note: Undertaking the above reset will make your Jawbone forget any existing pairing and therefore you will need to repair it with any devices you want to use it with.
Part 2: Pair the Jawbone with your phone
(I’ve used the iPhone as an example. If you aren’t using an iPhone, follow your manufacturer’s instructions for how to access your mobile’s Bluetooth menus).
For the Original Jawbone, press and hold down the Noise Shield button for at least three seconds until the LED Indicator Light flashes red.
For the New Jawbone, (Jawbone II) press and hold down both the NoiseAssassin™ Button and the Talk Button for at least three seconds until the LED Indicator Light flashes red and white alternately.
- From the iPhone Home screen, touch Settings.
- Touch General.
- Touch Bluetooth.
- Turn Bluetooth on. (The iPhone will search for nearby Bluetooth devices.)
- Touch Jawbone on the list.
- Enter the PIN number “0000”.
- Touch Connect.
- The Jawbone should now be paired with the iPhone.